This section will help you understand game play and menu
and controller commands.
You need 2 Free blocks of
memory to save.
When you are not in a mission you
are located at one of the many locations on the map. In these locations
you go to the shops, bars, check the network, colosseum, check your character's
status, save and load games, and stock, setup your Wanzers, and exit to
the next mission.
When you are in a mission you move,
attack, and use items during your (Player's) turn. When you are finished
the enemy takes it's turn to move, attack, and use items. First, lets look
at what you can do in the different locations and what certian buttons,
functions, and screens do.
UNDERSTANDING MENUS, BUTTONS, AND PLACES TO GO
O button: select button. Also, when in battle
and after pressing the Square button, you may move the cursor on any other
unit on the field (friendly or enemy) and press the O button to view that
unit's movement area and status.
X button: unselect/goback button.
L1 button: Used in battle to rotate the view of the map
to the left.
L2 button: Used in battle to skip back to the last
Wanzer in your group. When pressed simotaneously with R2, a list of all
units (friendly and enemy) will appear.
R1 button: Used in battle to rotate the view of the
map to the right.
R2 button: Used in battle to skip foward to the
next Wanzer in your group.When pressed simotaneously with L2, a list of
all units (friendly and enemy) will appear.
Square button: Used to clear the current players' turn so
that you can check other unit's movement range and status in battle.
Start button: Used during a mission (durnig your turn) it
allows you to choose from these options:
- Turn End: If you dont' want to do anything else during your
turn you can use this to go ahead and let the enemy makes it's move.
- System Setup: Lets you adjust game settings.
- Save Game: This is a useful feature that lets you save the
game in the middle of a battle. Battles last anywhere from 30 - 90mins.
So, if you need to rush off but dont' want to have to start the mission
all over again you can use this save place.
- Cancel: Return to play.
LOCATIONS YOU CAN VISIT
During the game you can visit different locations for weapons,
parts, info, etc... Here is a list of the some of the places and what to
do when you get there:
- Shop/Wharehouse/Booth: Here is where you buy new weapons,
Wanzer parts, items, sell items, and customize your Wanzer. The
options in the shop/wharehouse/booth are:
- Talk - You can talk to the owner of the
- Exit - Exit the shop.
- Setup - Here you add new weapons, armor, computers
and back packs. There are several things that need explaning here.
- Parts - You can select from this menu a new Body for
your mech, new Right and Left arms, as well as new Legs, Computers and
Backpacks.(Check below for more info on backpacks, and computers).
- Computer - Here you can Clockup or buy computers
for you Wanzer. Clockup is where you pay to have the Fight, Short, and
Long abilities of your Wanzer increased.
- Weapon - You select weapons for Right and Left hands
of the mech, You also select Missles and shields for the mechs shoulders.
- Item - This is where you buy items for you mech:
- Repair 1: Repairs 50% of damage.
- Repair 2: Repairs 75% of damage.
- Repair 3: Repairs 100% of damage.
- Rebirth 1: Replaces a destroyed arm or legs and gives 25% of HP
- Rebirth 2: Replaces a destroyed arm or legs and gives 100% of HP
- Chafu: Use these when you want to protect a mech from enemy
missle fire. Very useful when you need to protect a badly damaged mech.
- Smoke: ??
- Bar: At the bar you talk to the locals to gain
information and sometimes pick up a new person for your
- Colosseum: Here is where you can make some money
fighting opponents. You can also pick up a few people for
your team from here.
CHARACTER'S WANZER ABILITIES
Listed on the Character's Wanzer abilities list are the following.
These will help you determine which style of attack your characters are
best at. The higher the number, the better.
- Total - The Wanzer's total points.
- Fight - represents the hand to hand fighting like punching
or using a club. If the Wanzer has a high number here it is better to let
that Wanzer punch their enemy or use a club. They will cause more damage
to their opponent.
- Short - This represents using a short range weapon like
a gun. If the Wanzer has a high number here it is better to equip it with
guns and shoot your opponents.
- Long - This represents missile firing and long range guns.
- MV - This represents Wanzer movement. How many squares they
- MOB - Mobility. Effects the ability to evade attacks.
- R.C. - Running Costs. This is one of the prices you must
pay at the end of each level
- HP - The total amount of Wanzer Hit Points.
- W/P - Weight(current)/ Possible(maximum).
- Honor - Honor is a measure of how much your troops
and enemies respect you. The more Honor the better. Over 3 stars (I think
100 points = 1 star) gets you Honor skills. You get increases in Honor
by destroying mech parts or whole units. If your unit has honor skills
that affect your units, then the surrounding friendlies will blink blue.
If your enemy unit has honor skills that affect you, your units will blink
When characters reach new levels,
(each character is different)(each level is reached by obtaining experience
points when in battle) they will gain a new skill. When you have an oppurtunity
to gain a skill, you may choose it or Stock it. When
you Stock the skill, you may choose it at any later time at any
of the pilot setup menus. When all your pilot's skill slots are full,
you must replace one of the existing skills if you want a new one (or one
you have in stock). Here are the different skills. Also remember that the
more you use a skill the more useful the skill gets.
- First - This skill allows the pilot to attack (in hand to
hand or Fight mode) first.
- Lucky - power accuracy % up + attack power up
- Target - power hit % and attack power up
- Side Attack - power enemy defense down player attack power
- Best Posittion - power ap bonus +2 and accuracy up
- Critical - Power attack power up
- Disarm - armor power enemy defense 1/2 to nothing?
- Charge - power charge hp+body engine to attack (about 500
- Final Break - power uses all hp in one arm to charge attack
- LV Damage - Attack does 10 times more damage.
- Shield Rush - Some HP is used and your shield defense is
- Feint - Probablity of multiple attack increased (repeatly
- Switch - Adds one extra attack. Uses weapon on other arm.
- Speed - Adds one extra bullet during attack.
- Hit&Away - Wanzer attacks and enemy doesn't get to attack
- Counter Shot - Wanzer gets to attack again after being hit
- Counter Blow - Wanzer gets to attack again after being hit (punch).
- Full Bullet(S) - Uses full clip during attack / until enemy
is destroyed, or you run out of bullets (Short Range Weapon).
- Full Bullet(L) - Uses full clip during attack / until enemy
is destroyed, or you run out of bullets (Long Range Attack).
- Lethal Shot - The attacked part gets destroyed.
- Double Punch - Wanzer attacks twice, uses weapon other arm.
- Stun Punch - Special attack stuns enemy.
- Heat Blow - Special attack has attribs of fire and shock.
- Sting Blow - Special attack has attrib of pierce.
- Terror Shot - Special attack causes terror status on enemy.
- Duel - Concentrated fire on one part of enemy.
- Body First - Special first hit on body.
- Arm First - Special first hit on arm.
- Leg First - Special first hit on leg.
- Guide - Special attack concentrates fire on on part of enemy
(Long Range Weapon version of duel skill).
- All or Nothing - All bullets hit or none do.
- First - Field player goes first (not so good in colouseum).
- Field Effect - Field in battle geo% is 0 (no terrain advantages).
- Hold Attack - Character looses first turn but, accuracy
and attack is powered up for next turn.
- Dead Angle - Field probablity chained attack up.
- Dash - Terrain effect =0 and when you get it while attacking,
hits on the body of the enemy.
- Strike - field first hit almost always or always hits (good
- Find Out - field almost always or always avoid first hit
- Immortal - field when hp is 0 at end of battle part part
doesn't get destroyed (auto repair?)
- Escape - Escape from battle.
- Shield Wall - Use shield to take damage.
SUPER CHARACTER SKILLS
These are a few skills that only
certian characters can use.
- Sniper - Ash - body first/attack power up
- Hunting - Joyce - hit rate up / attack power up
- High Speed - Amia - Attacks with 2 extra bullets.
- Beat Up - Griff- Attacks using both arms, equipment must
be fighting type weapons.
- 2LV Damage - Thomas - level x 20 damage
- MG Blow - Rocky - Added attack.
- Destruct - Roswell - Attack Power 50% up.
- Super Lucky - Sayuri - Accuracy and attack power up, enemy
attack power down.
- Shooting Star - Lisa - Fires all remaining bullets, also
attack power 20% up.
- Crusader - Cordy - critical + stun punch
- Back Attack - Pike - enemy avoid rate down / attack power
- Blast Blow - Maylan - 1 shot destroys part
- Z.O.C. - enemy movement decreased
- Defense - defense up
- Surrender Call - decreases enemy hp? until he surrenders
- Steal - when enemy surrenders you steal his item(s)?
- Skill Down - enemy skill rate down
- Intercept - enemy hit rate down
- Surprise - enemy evade rate down
- Refresh - next turn panic /terror recovery lv 2 +stun stun
- Skill Up - area friendly units skill up lv 1 50% lv 2 100%
- Help - cover area friendly units ???(draw fire?)
- Stop - decrease or stop enemy units movement ?
- Deep Strike - friendly units hit rate up
- AP Plus - area friendlies +2 ap per turn
- AP Minus - enemy ap -2 per turn
- Invalid APB -(action point bonus) - no enemy ap bonus
- APB Support - area friendly ap bonus
- Morale - evade rate 5% up / accuracy 5% up / skill probablity
THE COMPUTER AND COMPUTER SKILLS
Each Wanzer has an onboard computer
that assists in combat. Each computer affects Short, Fight, Long, and Skill.
Each computer can also be set to different modes and each can be Clocked
Up. Clocking Up a computer will increase the levels for Short, Fight, Long,
and Skill. Clocking Up a computer costs money though. Also by clocking
up you can get mode 5 on dome computers.
- Energy Save - R. Cost -20% R. Cost -50%
- Move Plus - +1 map square +2 map squares
- Range Plus - long range weapons range +1 long range weapons
- Auto Defense - AP usage after turn is 1/2 AP usage after
turn is 0
- Auto Sight - (S) short attacks -1 ap short attacks -0 ap
- Auto Sight - (L) long range attacks -1 ap long range attacks
- Balance Up - armor value always exceeds damage?
- Power Down - (F) enemy fight computer effectiveness down
- Power Down - (S) enemy short computer effectiveness down
- Power Down - (L) enemy long computer effectiveness down
- SDP System - (both add pierce status to attack) damage below
10 = 0 damage damage below 20 = 0 damage
- DMP System - (add flame status to attack) Damage over 100
= 100 damage
- DDP System - Destroyed parts revived with 1 HP
- Shock Absorb - defends against stun effect
- Satellite - enemy geo% is reduced
- Auto Repair - part with the highest HP up by 5% per round
part with the highest HP up by 10% per round
- Auto Repair All - all parts HP up by 5% each round all parts
HP up by 10% each round
- Learning System - battle experience (exp) x2
- Detect Mine - in movement area land mines can be seen
WHAT THE HECK IS AP?
AP: Action Points. Each unit begins with an AP of 7
(except air units) which can only be increased through level-upping (exact
AP-Level relation unknown). Just remember, the higher the AP, the better.
Recovery of AP: You will regain up to 7 AP on a turn, with
a few exceptions:
- * Moving a square on the map costs 1 AP.
- * Attacking with Fight weapons costs 0 AP
- * Attacking with Short weapons (guns) costs 2 AP
- * Attacking with Long weapons (missiles) costs 6 AP
- * A friendly unit next to you will give you 1 AP (not exceeding
- * A hostile unit next to you will lower your AP by 2.
- * A hostile unit diagonally to you will lower you AP
- * Counterattacking (or defending with a shield) will lower
your AP by 2 in addition to the weapon's base AP cost .(So if you counterattack
with a JuriEX, you will be spending 2+2 = 4 AP, whereas with a HurtClub,
you spend 2+0= 2 AP Shielding costs 0 + 2 = 2 AP) If you have 1 or 0 AP,
you may not counterattack, but may still evade.
- If you lose your arms or legs, nothing happens to AP. However,
if you lose your legs, you can only move one square.
- AP also determines the Hit/Evade Rate of the combatants in a fight.
The more AP, the better. With an full AP, you can usually get 85% - 100%
AP / Shield Rule:
- 1. Don't move full tilt into the enemy, get surrounded, and, therefore,
- 2. Attacking one enemy multiple times will lower his AP a lot,
especially if he counters with gunfire. Same goes for
- 3. Missiles leave one wide open, with an AP cost of 6.
- 4. Keeping you troops together will not only ensure a steady AP
of your troops, but will help you hem in the enemy.
- 5. Sometimes you might not want to counter.
- If an enemy attacks and you elect to use shields, and the opponent
hits the shield, you take 0 damage for that arm. Not electing to use the
shield adds no extra benefits, though it seems that the general Defense
value of that arm goes up as well). Use 2 shields, and both don't take
WHAT THE DIFFERENT ABREVIATIONS STAND FOR
- Geo. - Geo% has something to do with the sighting of the enemy.
For example, when your Wanzer enters a square with lots of trees, the Geo%
goes up, because the enemy cannot see you very well, thus affecting his
- E.g. - Engine - Wanzer's power output. Influences mobility
- W/P - Weight(current)/ Possible(maximum).
- R.C - Running Costs. You still have to pay for the costs even if
your Wanzer doesn't attack or take damage after each mission.
- MOB - Mobility - Effects the ability to evade attacks.
INBATTLE SYMBOLS AND COLORS
- Tear drops - Terror. The unit will not attack back when
attacked while the tear drops are present. Sometimes this will last for
one turn or sometimes more.
- Stars - Stun. The unit will not attack back when attacked
while the stars are present. Sometimes this will last for one turn or sometimes
- Green Target - Comes from certian gunners. Once you are
targeted, the enemy has a better percentage of hitting you.
- Little lines - Panic. The unit will not attack back when
attacked while the little lines are present. Sometimes this will last for
one turn or sometimes more.
- Wanzers blink red - Negative effect on units, through some
of the honor skills. eg. Z.O.C., Skill Down, Ap Minus...etc... only effect
- Wanzers blink blue - Means added support from friendly units,
from the honor skills. eg. Deep Strike, AP Plus, APB Support... etc...
only effect team members.
- White Flag - Surrender - White flag hovers over the unit.
(conditions) 1). Honor Skill "Surrender Call" when enemy Hp is
low, and enemy is surrounded Recovery - Hp recovery, enemy turn over, and
random. 2). Honor Skill "Surrender Call" when enemy HP is low,
and surrounded, except this is a total surrender, and there is no recovery.
ARMOR AND WEAPON TYPES
There are 4 Armor Types:
There are 3 Weapon Types:
Pierce - Weapons that fire bullets (machine guns, rifles,
shot guns, etc).
Shock - Weapons that strike blows (anything like rods).
Flame - Weapons that shoot out flame (flame throwers).
Missiles and rockets are both fire and shock. To find out
what type of weapon or armor type a unit has, look and you will see a letter
in brackets. P for pierce, S for shock, F for Fire, and for armour, N for
normal. You can also tell the type of damage the unit is doing in the battle
screen by the colours of the numbers that show up while doing/taking damage.
A grey color stands for pierce, green for shock and orange for fire. When
taking damage from a missle for example, you get 2 colours, red and green,
it just means it's doing fire and shock damage at the same time.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU WANT TO GO TO THE NEXT MISSION
When you are at a location and
you want to go to the next mission, Go to the EXIT option on the main menu
and press O. Be sure you have all the supplies and mech upgrades
you need before you start a mission!
When in battle, when a vehicle is
destroyed (yours or an enemies') the person inside is not killed. So don't
panic if your of your guys' Wanzer gets destroyed. At the end of each mission
you get money for completing the mission and each Wanzer you destroy. You
get penalized (money taken away) for each Vehicle in your unit that gets
destroyed, but the character is still alive.